passwords + bad memory - Was (Re: how to test disk for bad sector)

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 09:41:06PM +0000, Long Wind wrote:
<snip>
> my memory is poor, i can't remember many accounts and passwords

    The more experience you have the harder it is to find the
memory you're searching for. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    Mnemonics can make passwords relatively easy to remember and can
be very secure if chosen carefully.
    Mom's birthday is 5 May 1919, a secure password is *M05o05m19m19a?
I have an AT&T account and an address I haven't lived at in 50 years is
5535 El Campo, Ft. Worth, Texas 75107, so :A5535t75107t;.
    That should give you the idea, a mix of upper and lower case,
numerals and punctuation selected from things no longer current can make
good passwords easy to remember.
    GRC.com has a password checker
HTH,
Mike
--
It seems to me a little shallow that the Creator of the universes
would care whether He was called Yahweh, Allah, Jehovah, The Great