Re: how to test disk for bad sector

On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 21:41:06 +0000 (UTC)
Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:

>    On Monday, August 31, 2020, 12:24:54 PM EDT, Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My solution to all this has been to delete all my Yahoo accounts and be
> done with Yahoo.  Currently, I have only one account left which I'll be
> keeping for a few months until I can switch all the contacts over to
> the new email account under a different provider.
>
> To our OP in China: check if Zoho Mail is blocked. They have offices in
> China -- www.zoho.com.cn  So, I doubt they are. They have both free and
> for pay accounts. Lots of features, too.

> surely it's not blocked in china because it has business here. but
> email's heyday is over, it's replaced by social media.

Social media is for socializing. In business, email and written/typed
mail are still the preferred way to communicate.

> i'm not enthusiastic about new accounts. i have many old mails in
> yahoo account, i can't just abandon it.  i've just created msn(outlook)

Those old/saved emails can be copied to the new account.  That's what I
did when I began deleting my Yahoo accounts.

> account, i'm not using it. i haven't created Proton mail account
> suggested by Charles. my memory is poor, i can't remember many accounts
> and passwords

I can't remember all my account logins and passwords either.  Too
many.  I write it all down.  And I definitely don't store them on my
computer or cell phone, etc. to automatically log me in  Too easy to
hack.

> now i manage to post in yahoo, Thanks anyway!

Whatever works best for you.  But, at least, go into Settings for your
Yahoo Mail account and turn-on quoting for your replies.  You can also
create as signature which can be appended to all you emails, too.

Happy you got your Linux install problem solved.