Re: is there a way to corrupt the BIOS and/or the keybord on you laptop from the Internet? ...

On Wed 12 Aug 2020 at 17:05:01 (+0200), Albretch Mueller wrote:
> > I recommend to thoroughly test your hardware using different OS (possibly non-Linux) and if you manage to reproduce the problems, it would mean a hardware failure.
>
>  The only thing that I have "discovered" is that for whatever reason
> that keyboard doesn't plug directly to one and only one of the USB
> ports (which I had used before just fine), but if connected through a
> USB hub it works just fine. So I wonder what could be going on, or
> "they" are just messing with me, make me "wonder" ... as if I didn't
> have enough to do already.

In the race to make devices thinner, all the connectivity seems to
have suffered reliability problems. On a 7 yr old Lenovo, USB
plug/sticks disconnect and reconnect because they're not gripped
firmly enough, and the charger suffers similarly. The latter has
likely contributed to the demise of the charging circuit. On a
2½ yr old HP, there are similar problems with the HDMI socket and
with the USB C-style charger. The HDMI output now has to be fed
through a USB-C hub. So USB sockets have messed with people for
many years, even on desktops.

>  I do know that they somehow install keyloggers apparently through
> java script on every computer I use even if I am using a computer at a
> public library.

Now you've lost me.

>  On Windows, when I go: "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound" ... and
> then click on: "view hardware and devices" I see what you are supposed
> to see on the attached [ix

Cheers,
David.