PATH question

Greeting all;

This box is on stretch.

I just created a /home/me/AppImage directory, moved some appimages into
it, and added another stanza to add that to my .profile. Do I have to
logout the 15 processes or so I have running now and effectively restart
the system to make that path take effect?  Closing all konsole sessions
on this workspace and opening fresh konsole's is not bringing that path
into effect.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis