Fw: how u mine 4 utf8 [was Re: Using .XCompose]

Hi,

> Mapping unicode to UTF-8
Thanks for the explanation and the references. I am starting to understand the idea. Hopefully, after going through the references everyone has given, I will understand it clearly.

> Example 2. Don't know the name of this one. I tell myself it
> represents a velar nasal stop-initial syllable, but I would appreciate
> correction.

> U+0D19

Yes, it is the velar nasal stop, though I don't understand how 'initial syllable' qualifies it . It is the same sound represented by 'ng' in king / sing.

Thanks,
ajith