Re: Using .XCompose

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 davidson wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 Ajith R wrote:

[snip]

So, as Zeenan says, there is something fundamentally wrong in my
system. I have to find that and correct it or reinstall everything.

Is the situation still as you describe here?

 8 July 2020 Ajith R to debian-user
 [🔎] 620563117.3978825.1594226239402@mail.yahoo.com">https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 620563117.3978825.1594226239402@mail.yahoo.com

[snip]

If this is still so, we ought to figure out what's going on. To this
end, I previously asked for the output of

$ xmodmap

and

$ xmodmap -pk

These are, by the way, purely diagnostic command lines. They are
requests to print information only. If you issue them as written
above, they will alter nothing except (possibly) our state of
ignorance.

That is, in my ignorant optimism I imagine their output might help
somebody make informed, helpful suggestions.

While I'm here, I will add to that pair a request for the output from
a third, also purely diagnostic:

 $ setxkbmap -print

--
Ce qui est important est rarement urgent
et ce qui est urgent est rarement important

               --Dwight David Eisenhower