Re: Whats chances of getting libTLSv1.3 for stretch

On Thursday 09 July 2020 04:14:14 Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Mi, 08 iul 20, 05:12:20, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Also, I've not a clue how to generate the systemd-service file that
> > systemd seems to be demanding and that so far I have had to rebuild
> > fetchmail from src and reinstall everytime cron runs
> > ~/bin/sa-train-bayes.  Thats not very friendly on systemd's
> > intrusions into normal daily operations. I am the only O2 breathing
> > user here, so I do eventually get it to work, as me, which is all it
> > has to do, but I don't appreciate the PITA the battle is  with
> > systemd to do what s/b normal housekeeping. So the 2nd question is
> > how can this be fixed?
>
> It's not clear to me how is systemd interfering here, since it won't
> touch your cron jobs.
>
> Are you maybe running fetchmail as a daemon?

Yes, and it runs as me.

> Why do you think you need to generate a service file and for what part
> of the process?

It appeared that from the error messages, that systemd was denying a
restart.  However it also seems the error message is completely bogus as
it was complaining about ~/.fetchmailrc being un-available when it
clearly was.

An edit to the ~/bin/sa-train-bayes script seems to have fixed it. I had
to add full paths to everything the script used as it seems that script,
run from _my_ crontab, no longer inherits my $PATH after the updates
from backports. After the edit, it has since run normally 3 times so I
assume it is now fixed.
.
But. I still don't understand the failure's cause. It had been running
nightly since Spamassassin became available, what, 20 years back up the
log?

> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Cheers, Gene Heskett