Re: Suggestion for systemd and /usr on seperate partition

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 10:56:26AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

[...]

> > Sounds pretty risky.
>
> Sure. On the other hand, what is the point of using LVM if one is not
> going to use it to adjust partitions when required?

You first have to copy stuff, then delete stuff, then shrink, then move
around. So at some point, you need double the space /usr is taking.

LVM won't change that.

Not a process I'd be comfortable rolling out for a distro to run
automatically on wildly different user's machines out there. No way.

Cheers
-- t