Re: Firefox non-ESR update needed

On Tuesday, July 07, 2020 10:21:48 AM Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 10:06:08AM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > Wow, not sure what sparked that response, but I will say one thing, you
> > might run testing if your bank insists you have the latest thing
> > (browser).
>
> Well, you could switch banks.
>
> Or, you could install the unstable upstream Firefox releases from
> mozilla.com or whatever it's called this year.  And have fun playing
> "what broke this week".
>
> Personally, I find it hard to believe your statement about a bank
> requiring a *new* web browser to work.  I would be more likely to believe
> "My bank requires that I use an incredibly *old* browser version."
> Or even "My bank only works with Microsoft Internet Explorer."

Aside: I suppose I should clarify that I am not the OP.

Then, more to the point, maybe I use incredibly old browsers (e.g., Firefox
52.8.0 in Wheezy), and the bank(s) (and similar places that I sometimes deal
with) insist on less incredibly old browsers -- in any case, I often get
messages to the effect that I need to update my browser to work with a specific
site.

(Then I (usually) switch to my Jessie or Buster installation, which I will
transtion to completely, one of these days, or maybe not.)