Re: Suggestion for systemd and /usr on seperate partition

On Mi, 08 iul 20, 02:35:09, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> On 8/7/20 2:11 am, Michael Stone wrote:
> >
> > The short answer is that there simply isn't a good reason to do this
> > on a modern system, and there is no volunteer to donate the enormous
> > amount of effort required to make
> > something work for which there isn't a good justification for
> > expending that effort. There should be no flamewar, if someone wants
> > the situation to change they simply need to be
> > the person who puts in all the work.
>
> Just doing dist-upgrade with a perfectly acceptable file system
> previously is no reason why it should break.

Debian supports upgrading of most packages between releases.

It provides no guarantees about hardware, partitioning schemes,
partition sizes, file systems, etc.

I was under the impression that LVM is used in particular for its
flexibility in adjusting your partitions. What prevents you from merging
'/' and '/usr'?

Kind regards,
Andrei