Re: Very old hardware...

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 Davide Lombardo wrote:
Good evening Debian User, I have found an old PC with these specs:
CPU: Pentium III 700 Mhz;
DRAM: 64 MB SDDR
GPU: RIVA TNT-2
HARDISK: 10 GB
FLOPPY DISK DRIVE
MODEM 56K
In the receipt is written 3,000 Lire (1,500) Euro of today...
Do you think I can install something different than the already installed
WIN98 system ?

This looks like a good fit.

  https://www.minix3.org/
  MINIX 3 is a free, open-source, operating system designed to be
  highly reliable, flexible, and secure.  It is based on a tiny
  microkernel running in kernel mode with the rest of the operating
  system running as a number of isolated, protected, processes in user
  mode. It runs on x86 and ARM CPUs, is compatible with NetBSD, and
  runs thousands of NetBSD packages.

You will want to refer to

  MINIX 3 Hardware Requirements
  https://wiki.minix3.org/doku.php?id=usersguide:hardwarerequirements#minix_3_hardware_requirements

--
What do you want to take off? [hrzF or ?*] F
You were wearing a +0 robe.  The frost giant turns to flee.