Re: /etc/default/grub doesn't exist, what to do?

Borden Rhodes schreef op 2020-07-07 20:43:
I know this is an amateur question, but I want to make sure that I do
it correctly the first time. I want to add a boot parameter, so what
file do I edit/create to do so?

My computer doesn't have a /etc/default/grub file. I can't tell you
why. I didn't intentionally delete it. I have a bunch of configuration
files in /etc/grub.d , but I don't want to touch any of them because I
don't know what put them there or if/when they'll be overwritten.

Is there a way to generate a default /etc/default/grub file that I can
edit? I'd think after 30 years there would be a command to do that,
but over an hour on the Internet yielded nothing.

With thanks,

The package grub2-common has the file:
/usr/share/grub/default/grub
Which is the default /etc/default/grub file

---
Floris