Re: Very old hardware...

David Wright wrote:
Why do I keep mine? 1) Sentimentality, as it was the one on my work desk
when I retired. 2) Being a tower, it has room for up to 4 PATA drives.
The loaned Optiplex only holds one—after that, I'm down to an old PATA
caddy. 3) There's no WEEE here, so I'm not sure exactly how one gets
rid of it anyway.

Some years ago, I tried ordering a box from a local custom-builder. The fact that the BIOS and/or FDC on it would not accept dual floppy drives was an annoyance. The fact that Xerox Ventura Publisher (DOS/GEM Edition) would not run on it *at all* was the show-stopper. It went back about 24 hours after I took delivery.

I've since learned that there is at least one custom-builder that specializes in DOS boxes optimized for legacy apps, but with my "spare parts" dual-boot, I haven't had a pressing need to determine whether their boxes will run VPGEM (and they are not certain themselves).

--
JHHL