Re: Thunderbird replacement suggestions?

On Sat, 4 Jul 2020 15:38:38 -0600
Tom Dial <tddial@comcast.net> wrote:

> While trying to fix a broken Thunderbird/Enigmail installation on my
> wife's Windows laptop,...

Are you asking for advice for Windows or for Debian?

> I would welcome suggested alternatives. An additional desired feature,
> if known, would be any capability to ingest old messages from
> Thunderbird.

Claws-mail will do what you want, and then some. You may have to
configure the GPG connection, but such is life with Unix. It is
available for Windows, but that version usually lags the Linux version.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/