Re: Remove undesired entries in MATE "Applications" sub-menus

On 7/4/20 4:53 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm using Debian10 with the MATE desktop.
The Debian installer defaults to installing a mess of applications I rarely want. They end up with entries on MATE's Applications sub-menus.

Without deleting the offending applications from the system, how can I delete those menu entries and replace them with links to suitable applications.

go to system, preferences, look and feel, main menu

uncheck the apps you do not want to see.

there is an option to create new menus, and another to create new items

select the Help button for additional guidance

Web search had lousy signal to noise ratio ;<

TIA