Re: Very old hardware...

On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 19:17:33 +0200
Davide Lombardo <careless@live.it> wrote:

> Good evening Debian User, I have found an old PC with these specs:
> CPU: Pentium III 700 Mhz;

It might be useful to identify the manufacturer of the computer or
motherboard, and search the Internet for documentation.

You may want to add a network card and as much memory as you can stuff
into it.

For installing, maybe a (temporary?) CD-ROM drive.

I would use the netboot installation disk. Get a minimal console only
installation going, update/upgrade as appropriate. Then add a GUI.
At that point, tasksel is your friend.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com