Re: Very old hardware...

On Fri, Jul 03, 2020 at 07:17:33PM +0200, Davide Lombardo wrote:
Good evening Debian User, I have found an old PC with these specs:
CPU: Pentium III 700 Mhz;
DRAM: 64 MB SDDR
GPU: RIVA TNT-2
HARDISK: 10 GB
FLOPPY DISK DRIVE
MODEM 56K
In the receipt is written 3,000 Lire (1,500) Euro of today...
Do you think I can install something different than the already installed
WIN98 system ?

If the goal is just to experiment then you could run an older version of debian. (I think there's not enough memory for the current install routine.) OpenBSD or NetBSD or a linux distribution oriented toward small systems would run. Nothing will give you a good experience with a GUI and web browser on that hardware. For practical purposes, you'd be better off with a $35 raspberry PI.