Re: Very old hardware...

On Friday 03 July 2020 13:17:33 Davide Lombardo wrote:

> Good evening Debian User, I have found an old PC with these specs:
> CPU: Pentium III 700 Mhz;
> DRAM: 64 MB SDDR
> GPU: RIVA TNT-2
> HARDISK: 10 GB
> FLOPPY DISK DRIVE
> MODEM 56K
> In the receipt is written 3,000 Lire (1,500) Euro of today...
> Do you think I can install something different than the already
> installed WIN98 system ?

There are bugs, particularly in the (IIRC)halt instruction that are not
fixable by microcode that Pentium is too old and cannot be patched.

And that is not enough memory to run anything newer than the W98 it has.
Donate it to the curbside pickup.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis