Re: Fw: Grub cannot see my new hard drive

On 2020-07-02 01:12, Matthew Campbell wrote:
The 4 TB hard drive uses a GPT type partition table, not an MBR type table, which is why the computer can't see it. It can't make sense of GPT tables. It is a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Satellite P105-S6187, model number PSPAAU-01L00S. I just ordered new memory for it yesterday. At the moment one memory card is sitting on top of it with the cover removed. I'll be putting it back together in a moment. It was factory preloaded with Windows Vistsa.

I still think the best answer is to disconnect the external drives, use the Debian Installer rescue shell to zero-fill the internal drive, and install Debian on the internal drive.

David