Re: inconsistent upgrade messages

On Thu, Jul 02, 2020 at 08:38:31AM +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> how do you explain that:
>

> For the stable distribution (buster), these problems have been fixed in
> version 83.0.4103.116-1~deb10u1.

That's the wording used in the Debian Security Announcement emails.

I can find it at <https://www.debian.org/security/2020/dsa-4714>.

> chromium is already installed at the latest version
> (80.0.3987.162-1~deb10u1),

That looks like the output from one of the package manager commands.

Is your actual complaint "My security mirror doesn't have the new
package yet"?

For the record, as of this morning, I see this:

unicorn:~$ apt-cache policy chromium
chromium:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 83.0.4103.116-1~deb10u1
  Version table:
     83.0.4103.116-1~deb10u1 500
        500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates/main amd64 Packages
     80.0.3987.162-1~deb10u1 500
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages

which would indicate that my security mirror *does* have the new
package.  Maybe you just needed to be a little more patient.