Re: [OT] Regular DKIM issues on this ML (was: Re: why !oh why Debian and application list)

Hi,

16 juin 2020 14:50 de recoverym4n@enotuniq.net:

> And *now* it gets interesting. Because what's came to the list was text:

Can we imagine that the ML simply 64-decodes the email and resent it as text/plain?

16 juin 2020 16:30 de deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk:

> It might be easier for people to follow the substance of this thread
> if you posted in such a way as to include one simple self-descriptive
> test in each post, and not include all the deeply-nested "noise" like
> the above. So, for example, you could write:
>
> >From foo. This line was written with a leading unescaped From, "From ".
>
> >From bar. This line was written with a leading escaped From, ">From ".
>
> You could, in addition, include a file attachment of the test as written.

Good suggestion.

> You might also wish to omit/change your Attribution line temporarily,
> because it prevents your tests from ever consisting entirely of 7-bit
> ASCII, owing to its "à".

What's the consequence of it please?

> These little things might help clarify your reports of the distorting
> effects of a medium, when those reports are subject to the same
> potential distortion.

Yes, it's not always  easy to communicate efficiently & clearly by email ;)

Best regards,
l0f4r0