Re: why !oh why Debian and application list

Seeds Notoneofmy wrote:
Well, as the subject suggests, I'm a bit fed up with the logic behind
how installed programs are sorted out in the Applications menu.

The need to go hunt down an installed application seems yester century.

I just installed Picard, and it does not show up in Sound and Video,
where logic would suggest it be.

I had to dial it up from the command line.

I'm willing and ready to be educated on why things are such with Debian.

Thanks a lot.

I just hit the "windows" key and started typing, by the time I got to "pica" it was the only choice in the list, hit enter and up it comes. This is on KDE/Plasma.

Regards,
Geoff