Re: Unable to boot new buster installation

On 6/7/20 12:14 PM, Gary L. Roach wrote:
Hi all,

I recently up graded this system to Bullseye and then ran into trouble with the lack of Qt4  and had to re-install Buster. The installation went fine until kde desktop tried to start. The system froze with the following message:

The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Pleas change your input timing to 1920x1200@60Hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications.

I'm using a Dell U2412M monitor on an AMD 64 4 core system. The monitor worked fine before and still works fine on another computer. I tried both xrandr and compiz in Recovery Mode. In both cases I got "Can't open display".

I have full access to the file system in Recovery Mode.

Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R