Re: trouble installing gnome

leonard morin schreef op 2020-06-06 17:14:
Hello,

I hope all are well. I recently dual-installed debian from a live
image on a usb along with Windows on a new computer. My friend gave me
some guidance, but he is very busy so I don't want to bother him now.

When I first installed, my wifi didn't work on Debian, so I couldn't
download Gnome. As you can see below, my friend gave me a fix to
connect to wifi, but it didn't work. Nor is it possible to
download/install Gnome, as you can see from the error messages below.
Can anyone explain to me how to fix this? By the way, I'm hard-wired
now. Thanks!

# apt-get install task-gnome-desktop
E: Type 'Line' is not known on line 7 in source list
/etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
E: Type 'Line' is not known on line 7 in source list
/etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
# apt-get update
E: Type 'Line' is not known on line 7 in source list
/etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
# apt-get upgrade
E: Type 'Line' is not known on line 7 in source list
/etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
E: Type 'Line' is not known on line 7 in source list
/etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Bullseye_ - Official Snapshot
amd64 xfce-CD Binary-1 20200525-03:32]/ bullseye main contrib non-free

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Bullseye_ - Official Snapshot
amd64 xfce-CD Binary-1 20200525-03:32]/ bullseye main contrib non-free

 Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main
contrib non-free
 Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security
main contrib non-free

Your source list has some errors. The easiest way to fix this is:
(run as root)

echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ bullseye main contrib non-free" > /etc/apt/sources.list

---
Floris