Re: 1Gbps Ethernet drops to 100Mbps

On 5/13/20 1:58 PM, Nazar Zhuk wrote:

I have a 1Gbps network port that correctly connects as 1Gbps full duplex on boot, then drops to 100Mbps 4 seconds later.

Forcing 1Gbps full duplex with ethtool works fine. Tested to make sure the actual speed is over 100Mbps.

I am trying to determine what causes the drop to 100Mbps and how to avoid it.

Thanks for the hardware suggestions. It's not that. For whatever reason NetworkManager was configured to force 100Mbps. It's a new install and I don't remember doing that, but that's what it was.

--
Nazar