Re: Dual Prolific PL2303 Serial Port USB devices have iSerial of 0?

On Sunday 17 May 2020 11:56:51 John Conover wrote:

> I have two Prolific PL2303 devices on a machine. The output of lsusb
> is identical for both, including iSerial of 0, for both.
>
> Is there any way of doing udev SYMLINK+ with these devices?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     John
TBT John, the best place for them is a drawer, to be used only long
enough to obtain FDTI devices for regular use. They goto sleep, (or
something) and you have to knock several times to re-awaken them, losing
data in the process. Strange disconnects will plague your system. BTDT,
used foul language, they slept right thru my tantrums.  FDTI stuff just
works.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis