Re: Sid: /sbin/ifenslave missing??

Grzesiek Sójka <pld@sojka.co> wrote:
> On 5/17/20 12:34 PM, Sven Hartge wrote:

>> Mind doing a "ifup -v bond0" to really see what is called how and where
>> it fails in what way?

> after "ifup -v bond0" I get a larg number of following messages
> (probably 1000?):

> + [ -n  ]
> + return 0
> + setup_master
> + add_master
> + [ -f /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/slaves ]
> + return
> + early_setup_master
> + sysfs fail_over_mac
> + [ -n  ]
> + return 0
> + setup_master
> + add_master
> + [ -f /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/slaves ]
> + return
> + early_setup_master
> + sysfs fail_over_mac
> /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/ifenslave: 67: Maximum function recursion depth
> (1000) reached
> run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/ifenslave exited with return code 2
> ifup: failed to bring up bond0

Interesting. Yes, this seems like a genuine bug in the package but not
caused by the removal of the ifenslave shell script but by some bug in
the ifup-(pre)scripts provided by the package.

Temporary solution: downgrade to 2.9 again, hold the package and monitor
the bug report I linked.

Grüße,
Sven.

--