Re: How could you load only once a Linux ultility without a batch --input-files kind of option and repeatedly use it on many files? . . .

On Vi, 15 mai 20, 12:41:07, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  What documentation, books, videos, ... would you suggest for me to
> read up if I were to investigate what exactly is "find" 's magic to
> hook other processes and keep a running instance for multiple "found"
> files?

The man page is a good start, the section for the -exec command.

As this is GNU software there might be an 'info' file with more details
(didn't bother to check if this is the case here).

'find' and 'xargs' are part of the same package (findutils).

Kind regards,
Andrei