Re: Suggestion on hardware issue?

On 2020-05-14 12:22, Yvan Masson wrote:
On 2020-05-11 10:28, Yvan Masson wrote:

What is the model/ part number of your computer?

It is an Acer AspireOne AO751h.

The model number seems to be valid, but I am unable to find a product support page, technical specifications, etc.. Do you have a URL?

... what is the manufacturer name and and model/ part number of the installed memory module?

http://hynix.com/datasheet/eng/module/details/module_08_HYMP112S64CP6.jsp

I might have forgot to tell that I already tried with another hard drive, and the installer failed exactly the same way.

Before seeing your last email, I replaced the RAM with a known-good, 2GB this time. Again, I had an issue while doing the install during packages configuration.

I then try an install without desktop environment (only SSH, print server and usual system utilities) successfully. After reboot, `apt install task-lxqt-desktop` failed (LZMA error when unziping libreoffice-core_1%3a6.1.5-3+deb10u6_i386.deb and libqt5webenginecore5_5.11.3+dfsg-2+deb10u1_i386.deb). Removed packages from cache, did `apt install -f`, and those packages installed properly.

I then installed many packages, still no issue.

I will run debsums to know the state of packages files, and then run memtest86+ during 24h.

That sounds like a bad installer image. Did you checksum the ISO or image file after download? Did you checksum your media after burning it?

Thanks again,

YW.  :-)

I'm glad you got it working.

David