qemu/kvm reboot problem

Hi all,

System: Debian Buster host

              qemu/kvm virtual machine

              CAELinux Guest

I load the software from an .iso file in my Download directory. The guest files seem to be loading and working fine until I try to reboot the Guest. Then I get the following:

Booting from Hard Disk...
Boot failed: not a bootable disk
No bootable device.

If I run fdisk p on the Hard Disk I am using I get:

Device     Boot     Start       End   Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sda1  *         2048 283117567 283115520  135G 83 Linux
/dev/sda2       283117568 312581807  29464240 14.1G 82 Linux swap / Solaris

The drive is obviously marked as bootable. This drive is an extra one that was left over when I put two 1TB drives in the system. I reformated the drive , marked it as bootable and added a swap partition before loading the qemu/kvm software. Does anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong? Do you need more information?

Gary R.