Re: trying to mount a micro USB disk as a regular user on a Linux laptop on which I don't have admin rights ...

On Jo, 14 mai 20, 12:43:53, Albretch Mueller wrote:

>  I can't even understand why they would mount a drive as root. Isn't
> that more problematic from a security point of view?

In a typical *nix environment it shouldn't matter who mounts the
filesystem, permissions are anyway at directory / file level.

It gets more complicated if the filesystem(s) in question don't have a
concept of permissions (FAT) or the permissions are not compatible with
*nix (NTFS).

Kind regards,
Andrei