Re: Hmmm... /boot is too small. what's the best way to increase it's size?

On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 08:05:48PM -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:
NAME                  MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
├─sda1                  8:1    0   512M  0 part /boot/efi
├─sda2                  8:2    0   244M  0 part /boot

What's the best way to increase the size of /boot ?

First, of course, make sure you have a rescue boot method available
(live CD or whatever), and up-to-date backups.

I would look into swapping /boot and /boot/EFI. But I would also double
check what properties the EFI partition needs, besides the files within
it (and filesystem, etc.), are there any requirements on the partition
type, label, etc., and make sure to set those correctly on sda2 (and
unset them on sda1!)

At least on my machine the EFI partition is almost unused (check that
too for yours, of course!), so swapping them would give you another
256M in /boot, without needing to repartition, reinstall, etc.