Re: trying to mount a micro USB disk as a regular user on a Linux laptop on which I don't have admin rights ...

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 09:03:51PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
this is not supposed to be mounted there from the command line. use the file
browser and don't forget to add the user to plugdev (if I am not mistaken)
after adding to the group you have to logout and login again

This is a misleading/mistaken reply. Desktop environments indeed do
offer this feature, but it's not meant to be "desktop environment
exclusive". In most cases they're leveraging "udisks", which provides
"udisksctl" that can be used to achieve this from the command line.

I would recommend udisks over pmount.

--
👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	    jon@dow.land