Re: Smallest Usable EFI Partition?

On Wed, 13 May 2020 00:37:52 +0200
Andrea Borgia <andrea@borgia.bo.it> wrote:

> Il 13/05/20 00:21, Patrick Bartek ha scritto:
>

> > I can't find anything definitive on this question.  Some say, 100MB is
> > fine; others 215 or 550 is a safe choice.  It all seems to be just
> > opinions.
>
> I had the same doubts about a year ago and went with the recommendation
> of a larger partition, about 500MB... of which only 6% is used.

The 500MB recommendation is to assure FAT32 is used when formatting or
so I've read.

If you have a very large disk, 500MB is insignificant, but if I can use
less like 100MB or 50MB on a basic one OS/one kernel system with only a
32GB eMMC that's a lot space not wasted.

> My office laptop with Windows10 has something in the region of 100MB but
> it is not dualboot.
>
> Debian uses about 6MB, MS about 26MB, plus a couple of megs for boot.
> If space is really tight you might want to stick with 100MB in total.

Thanks for the recommendation.