Re: Question on Unattended Upgrades

On 12.05.20 07:25, Keifer Bly wrote:
Is there a way to configure it to automatically restart when a package that needs to be restarted is upgraded? Thx.

Restarting might not be needed at all if applying some "live patching" mechanism. It might not be helpful for you, but I thought to mention it for the sake of completeness. Searching online quickly let find several solution providers, and my impression it that setting it up and running it is not as trivial and fast as simply taking your time to (manually or automatically) trigger a reboot for a few systems. The benefit might come for bigger server farms, though.
Gene Heskett some 2 years ago nicely considered about it here on the list: