Re: Suspicious output during apt update

On 13/05/2020 07:05, Ihor Antonov wrote:
> Today during apt update I got a very strange error message (below)
> Running apt udpate did not seem to reproduce the issue.
>
> Does anyone know what is this? And why does it tell "get haircut" ?
>
> --------
> $ sudo apt update
> [sudo] password for ngor:

> Fetched 14.9 MB in 4s (3,979 kB/s)
> Entity: line 4: parser error : xmlParseEntityRef: no name
> e original message barList of languages in a config file instead iso-codesFind &
>                                                                                ^
> Entity: line 8: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'
>     - get haircut @s 24 @r d &i 14 @o r</li>
>                                ^
> Entity: line 11: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'
> @r y &i 4 &M 11 &m 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 &w TU</li>
>        ^
> Entity: line 11: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'
> @r y &i 4 &M 11 &m 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 &w TU</li>
>             ^
> Entity: line 11: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'
> @r y &i 4 &M 11 &m 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 &w TU</li>
>                   ^
> Entity: line 11: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'
> @r y &i 4 &M 11 &m 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 &w TU</li>
>                                          ^
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> 12 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.

That's an odd one because, as far as I can tell
(https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=get\s%2Bhaircut&literal=0) the
phrase "get haircut" isn't anywhere in Debian. That would imply that
it's in a datafile on your computer. You could try grepping your hard
disk for that phrase and see what files it turns up in?