Re: Lost the firefox windows

On Tue 12 May 2020 at 15:29:10 (-0400), Dan Ritter wrote:
> rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > On debian wheezy:
> >
> > I might have fat fingered something (or not) but the firefox windows have
> > disappeared.  I was about to restart firefox (which would cause me to lose the
> > content on my private firefox window), but I ran a ps command and see that
> > firefox is still running, but I've checked all my desktops and the windows
> > (firefox gui displays) are gone.
> >
> > Any thoughts on a way to recover them short of killing firefox and restarting
> > it?
>
> Are you running a window manager which has the concept of
> minimization/iconization? It might have just suspended showing
> you the windows and be able to bring them back by undoing that.

On my system, if I type   firefox   into an xterm, firefox reappears.
If it was iconified, it deiconifies; if it wasn't running, it runs,
often failing to open all the windows/tabs until I press its Restore
button.

I could just Ctrl-RightClick in the root window and click firefox in
the Window List, but that's more effort than rerunning it (usually
via an alias like my-bank or my-forecast).

Cheers,
David.