Re: cleanly getting rid of manually installed transitional packages due to rename

On 2020-05-07 18:24:59 -0500, David Wright wrote:
> On Wed 06 May 2020 at 12:31:35 (+0200), Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > I use unstable. I doubt that packages get renamed in stable
> > (except between full upgrades, where the issue has already
> > been solved with the oldlibs section).
>
> I don't understand the relevance of oldlibs: only one of the packages
> that I removed was in that section, imagemagick, which gets pulled in
> under that name by inkscape as a Recommends.

oldlibs was mentioned by Sven Joachim as solving the issue
automatically (at least with apt).

I also have a Debian/stable machine, but no manually installed
packages were renamed in the upgrade to buster, so I could not
check... IIRC, I've never noticed any issue when upgrading this
Debian/stable machine anyway.