Re: Hmmm... /boot is too small. what's the best way to increase it's size?

On Mon, 11 May 2020 11:21:35 -0500
David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon 11 May 2020 at 10:27:48 (-0400), Celejar wrote:

> > Yes. FDE including boot is doable, but it takes more work (and isn't
> > necessarily worth it, depending on the threat model - see above):
>
> I don't encrypt root because it's far too useful to be able to remotely
> boot up. To keep things simple, I set up my laptops similarly, except
> that unlocking is earlier, in the boot sequence rather than after the
> system is fully up.

Well, I currently don't encrypt /boot, but since I'm anyway using the
iDRAC console to supply the LUKS password, I suppose it wouldn't
actually be *that* much more difficult to encrypt the entire disk and
boot from virtual media over iDRAC:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln296648/using-the-virtual-media-function-on-idrac-6-7-8-and-9

Celejar