Re: Why do I have so many packages to upgrade with Debian 10.4?

On Mon 11 May 2020 at 09:21:10 (+0300), Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 10 mai 20, 22:03:20, l0f4r0@tuta.io wrote:
> >
> > My /etc/apt/sources.list contains links to buster, buster/updates, buster-updates and buster-backports repositories. I run apt update / apt upgrade very frequently.
> >
> > As you may know, Debian 10.4 was out yesterday.

Precisely; it was a point-release. Bug fixes as well as security
fixes. Like me, you have probably kept up with the latter.

> > Now, apt list --upgradable shows me 90+ packages to be upgraded.
>
> [...]
>
> > Could someone explain that to me please?
>
> Not without seeing the list of packages (apt list --upgradable). Output
> of 'apt policy' could also be useful.

Fairly typical for buster. 85 packages here, including the kernel.
About 30 of them were for libreoffice components. No DM or DE here.

Looking back, the previous point release (early Feb) involved 76 here.
The one before that (Nov), 65. I've no figures for 10.0→10.1 as it was
conflated with my installation of the system.

Cheers,
David.