Re: Hmmm... /boot is too small. what's the best way to increase it's size?

On 5/10/20 03:07, Rick Thomas wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2020, at 1:17 AM, David Christensen wrote:
>> On 2020-05-09 22:05, Will Mengarini wrote:
>>> * Rick Thomas <rick.thomas@pobox.com> [20-05/09=Sa 20:05 -0700]:
>>> By creating a reliable backup and reformatting the disk to
>>> the new format.  I've never found it to be cost-effective
>>> to try anything else.
>> +1

As Charles Curley suggested, 248M usually is enough to hold a reasonable
number of kernels, configs, and initrd files, along with the contents of
/boot/grub. It might be worthwhile to examine it for extraneous files.

But if /boot turns out to need more space, you could unmount /dev/sda1
and /dev/sda2, remount /dev/sda2 on (for example) /mnt, move its
contents to /boot, remount /dev/sda1, and reinstall grub.

After finishing, you could make an LVM physical volume on /dev/sda2 and
add it to one of the other volume groups, although both seem to have
plenty of space.

Regards
Tom Dial