Re: Re: Re: Mouse awfully slow on Debian 10 on certain machines

> Hello list, I did some further research. In particular I used the live-ISO-image of

> Buster (amd64) >on DVD and bootet the system. And I found the following:

> Mouse still is irrational. It works fine, when no application has started after logging.
> When then an application is started (in this case
Firefox of the DVD) the mouse mostly does not
> move. It jumps. And when
there is a button something similar, the mouse behaves even worse. I
> did
not dig >into the "InputClass" because I did not find it
> So any help is urgently needed.

I did some further research with live-CD's, as well with x86 as amd64:
Results on both versions:

mouse behaves normal after booting system and log in (when no application runs) - first thing I saw was:

"Oh no, something has gone wrong" (I think this is no problem) so I continued and got the normal
user screen. I pressed right button for settings:

The mouse was a bit jumping and when I moved to the group of background pictures (via click) the
mouse from picture to picture (from one background picture to the neighbouring one) is "sticky".
this occurs on each "border" of the pictures.

Then I started an application.

I chose Firefox as application and started it. here the mouse was more or less fixed ... also
keyboard typing was not possible. The mouse behaved as if stuck to the mousepad.

Then I started another application:
the mouse disappeared when moved from neutral background to the window of the application.

I have the impression the applications hinder the mouse to move. could this be a priority problem?

kind regards
Jörg