Re: Kali Linux installation failure on VirtualBox

On 10/5/20 1:24 pm, Harry Brown wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of an issue here while installing KaliLinux and I was wondering if you guys can help out.

I installed *Oracle VirtualBox* on my *Windows 10* and downloaded *Kali Linux 64bit ISO file*, Then I created a new virtual machine *(Debian 64bit)*and started installing KaliLinux. Everything was great and almost 5GB of packages were downloaded and installed, the final step is to reboot so KaliLinux can run. I clicked on Finish Installation (after all packages and files were installed ) and it showed me a message saying that Kali will run after the machine reboot.

Guess what! *The machine rebooted and it took me back to the first installation page again*, I didn't know what happened or if I did something wrong so I clicked "Install" again and followed the steps. And I had to wait **again for the 5GB of packages to be downloaded and installed ( which was frustrating ). Installation was finished and the machine rebooted and nothing happened. *it took me back to the first installation page once again.*
*
*
I know it's a long email (sorry about that), But I needed to make sure that you guys are fully aware of what's the issue so you can help.

Thanks in advance,

HB.

Good afternoon Harry

I sometimes have to go into the settings for the virtual device and untick the other boot options - CD and floppy from memory.

--
Keith Bainbridge

ke1th3216@zoho.com
+61 (0)447 667 468