Re: advisable to use installer script?

On Vi, 08 mai 20, 11:31:13, Celejar wrote:

> Indeed. It's just not clear to me that a typical package in Debian will
> have fewer bugs than the same software downloaded straight from
> upstream.

The main "selling" point for Debian is that the software is properly
integrated with the rest of the system and easy to upgrade, even between
releases.

Additionally most packages are built for all architectures, which helps
uncover some interesting bugs that upstream wouldn't find otherwise.

Kind regards,
Andrei