Re: advisable to use installer script?

On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 00:43:35 +0300
Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:

> That's the attitude I see much these days. I could not care less about
> "open source" (i.e. you can see but you cannot touch).
> I care only about "free software" (as in freedom), which, specifically,
> allows me to modify anything for any purpose, and do so in a meaningful
> way.
> First one is a popular gimmick. Second one actually gives users control.

You exaggerate. Even if OSS on its own doesn't give users control
(which is indeed a real problem), it's nevertheless much more than a
popular gimmick: we can see exactly what the software is doing, check
whether it's phoning home, etc. And even if most of us aren't checking
most or any of the software that we use, the odds of something bad
being in there are surely much lower than with closed source, since
someone will likely find it if it's a reasonably popular piece of
software.

Celejar