Re: Looking for video card recommendation

On 5/5/20, Alberto Sentieri <22t@tripolho.com> wrote:
> I tried the  suggestion below, I mean delete nouveau_dri.so, but the
> system became unstable. I could not login, and the mouse and keyboard
> became very slow. After entering the correct password, the login screen
> would come back as if I hadn't done anything. That message was written
> before buster, and does not seem to work with it.

I don't know if you're using last GNOME version. I guess that's more
demanding in terms of graphics...
Only to inform: that suggestion (in my case, renaming nouveau_dri.so,
but the effect should be the same) works flawlessly in my Debian
Testing (updated) box, but I'm simply using IceWM (with Firefox
directly from Mozilla and lots of other updated software, anyway), so,
maybe it's a too different scenario?
Best luck