Re: Custom application icon do not appear in Gnome and LXQT

Le 04/05/2020 à 17:06, Liam O'Toole a écrit :
On Mon, 04 May, 2020 at 16:28:30 +0200, Yvan Masson wrote:
No problem Didier, I appreciate all answers, even not on the list :-)

I had not read the Freedesktop wiki before, but unfortunately it does not
help: I thought the solution was here when it says icon "has to have the
same name as the executable", but tried it without luck (and many well-know
programs do not conform to this statement, see simple-scan for example).

I just read again the "icon naming spec" and "desktop-entry-spec" but I
still fail to find the the cause of this issue.

Any other idea, even eccentric, is welcome!