Re: Anti-malware for my personal Debian workstation?

Hi,

l0f4r0@tuta.io wrote:
> I understand you like hunting for bugs into malware. It's like R&D...
> But what makes you think "free virus producers are just much better
> programmers than those of MS-Windows malware"? Do you think writing a
> malware on Linux requires more technical knowledge than on Windows?

They skillfully disguise their misanthropy as unintended mistakes
which nevertheless get defended against any fixing for decades.

(I fear to have already told the stories of the CD TAO Read-Ahead bug,
 the sr SG_IO Concurrency bug, or the Automatic CD Tray Loading bug.
 Else i would now annoy the public by lamenting them and their near
 immortality.)

> Besides, do you mean "free virus" as in "free beer" or "free speech" please?

Beer of course. I can at any time apply changes to local kernels,
be they good or bad, and talk publicly about them.
I cannot tell the brewery what to put into their bottles of free beer.

But there is hope:
Linux will soon be replaced. We will be able to control kernel bugs by
some JSON lines in the configuration of systemd-homed.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas