Re: How to start offlineimap systemd

On Sun, May 03, 2020 at 15:28:11 +0200, jose.wo@posteo.net wrote:
> Everything is working smoothly except offlineimap. Actually I works
> well, the problem is that I can't start the systemd service.
>
> I've tried like this:
>
> systemctl --user start offlineimap
> Failed to start offlineimap.service: Unit offlineimap.service not
> found.

You need a systemd-service file to use it as an systemd-service.
Either you disabled it (try systemctl enable offlineimap.service),
or create a new service file.
The package seems to contain an example service file:
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/all/offlineimap/filelist
/usr/share/doc/offlineimap/examples/systemd/offlineimap.service

> You can see that the service is not found. I have also tried starting
> with socket activation but it is the same.

I'm not a systemd expert, but I think if there's no service file you can't
start it as a systemd service anyway.

--- Nito