Re: su does not work anymore

On 5/2/20 7:19 AM, The Wanderer wrote:
Manual recovery like this *can* be done, but I do not recommend
embarking upon it without very strong reason. (In my case, I needed to
fix the filenames and permissions of my entire /home partition anyway,
and that includes irreplaceable data measuring in terabytes and dating
in some cases as far back as the '90s. Proper external backup is now
very much on my radar.)

Why not just reinstall the OS and copy the /home/username files into the
new /home partition? Reinstalling Debian is extremely easy.

--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!